What I’m up to this week:
Molly’s head sculpt. My first highres likeness. Now on to finishing the character and creating the game topology/textures.
- I’m working on my next gen sculpture/ map gen technique – Test character will be Molly from Neuromancer
- Edd Norris (programmer) and I are developing a game for release on tablets and phones
- Going to try to get in contact with Sole Scenic to determine if 3d game development and theme park attractions can be combined into something new and amazing.
- Did this little Mockup for the Elio Motors facebook page.
Last week, we failed to have a completed game by the end of it, but I had a great time at the Global Game Jam hosted at Full Sail.
Our main character
The cursed Rosencatz was to hallucinate his way from the bottom of the pit. Rising Water and a black cloud threatens to drown him. A Brown Stone Spire dominates the background. He was to jump from platform to platform, choosing what color to hallucinate in, mid jump, thus solidifying a new block to land on, and make his escape to the top.
I’m Participating in Global Game Jam 2014
follow our exploits on twitter #GGJ14
Currently I’m looking for new contracts and I’m working on Starting a Studio.
Email me if you are interested in commission of 3d fx, modeling, or other art services; at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are all Four Tiki Mugs in full glory
This week flew by. Anyway, yesterday I discovered the finer points of cufflinks, at least one side must fit through the button hole. Anyway, a trip to the store for 2 part screw necklace fittings and a cut with the dremel.. I’ll make these damn things work!
Picture of my Killinger Tiki and the Spider Jerusalem Cufflink Prototypes (pre-sawing).
I’m Back to life! I’ve been a very busy bee over the last two weeks. Was making things and burning the midnight oil to make amazing stuff at n-Space, but I’m back to normal hours.
sometimes, you have to make a sacrifice.
Here is the most recent work I’ve done on Dr. Orpheus.
Reworking Dr. Venture Tiki-Mug this week, and I plan on starting Dr. Orpheus.
in route from the 3d printer is the Dr. Killinger plug/prototype and 2 Spider Jerusalem Cufflinks. I expect them to be as awesome as my Pirate-Cat Logo was.
Dr. Killinger Tiki-Mug is done.
Dr. Killenger Tiki-Tumbler. He’s much cheaper now that I made it really thin. Though I wouldn’t recommend doing it in Ceramics, Leave that to me.
When the printout is made, I’m going to use a layer of clay that I’ll put inside that shape and that will basically form the Inner wall of the cup, which will be easier to clean when you put it in the dishwasher . I will use slip clay and pour it into a plaster of Paris master mold, let it dry, then pull it apart and put that resulting clay part into a Kiln to fire it.
Going back to Dr. Venture to give him more wooden feel and a thinner edge. Helper is also going to have to be thinner for printing/economic purposes.
Pirate-Cats.com is back up!
After the string event with my Cat Jaxx, I’ve got a great Idea for the story arc of the next comic. It really ties things together.
But look at this thing!
I’m very happy with his look, so much so that I’m going to go back to Dr. Venture and make him a little more wood like.
Next up, Dr. Killenger.
Week Of July, 12th, 2013
Pirate-Cats.com is still down, having trouble getting my domain to redirect to a static page. I’ve never had this problem in the past, so please bare with me until I can figure it out.
I just got my first Shapeways Sculpt in the mail, and it’s beautiful. I’ll be making a silicon mold of it soon, and I’ll start popping out a dozen of them or so.
I’ve got the sculpture bug now, and I already finished a Rusty Venture Tiki Mug that is at my Shapeways site. Next up is a H.E.L.PeR Tiki Mug, Then Doctor Orpheus and Doctor Killenger.
Getting my website back in order. Then I’ll re-wire up Pirate-Cats.com.
Also, trying to get things cleaned up on the home front. Lot’s of toys discovered in boxes in my parent’s attic, which need to find a home.
Earlier, I spent some time with Brittany at Stardust. We talked about things and I worked on getting the feet of my Automatons proper sized and sculpted.
News flash, I think Stratasys bought Makerbot , so hopefully the price won’t go over $2,200.
Re-doing my pirate-cats logo, so it’s got some more detail, and in profile it looks more cat like.
It is currently going through the upload process, but it will be available soon. (click on Straight from my brain meats, to order the hat pin directly from Shapways. –note; pin not included, I plan on using 2 strontium magnets, one of which I will resin into my print. I’m also thinking about casting (making a silicon master mold) the print, to bring down the price if people want one.
Also, in 3d printing world, I’m making some Spider Jerusalem cuff links. I’ll probably just print them out to wear, (and paint the lenses red and green), but It would be cool to make a Sliver cast of them too.