Contact Me; jiminziello@gmail..com
VFX / 3d Artist / Designer
19 years of experience
10 in Console/PC/Portable Games
9 in Military, Nasa, and Government Computer Based Training, Simulation, and Rendering
FSU-Bachelor of Science Degree in Studio Art
Graduation date 12/1998
School of Visual Arts
Florida State University
2014-20163d GENERALIST, Hatalom Systems LLC
- 3d modeling of Fuel, Hydraulic, Oil, etc systems, VFX, and art team management for the LCS 3 and LCS4 Battleship Training module for Cubic Corporation
- -3DSMAX, Unreal, Photoshop, Zbrush, Lead Game Designer, Character Modeler, Character Animator, VFX at Hatalom
3D ARTIST/DESIGNER/INDIE DEV, UniCron Studios Orlando, FL
- Have prototyped a 1/3 scale ball jointed doll system, in ABS plastic- ZBRUSH, FUSION360, 3dsmax, 3d printed on Makerbot Replicator 2x
- Solid modeling for Global Lyte: WDW, created prototype & 3dprinted on Makerbot 2x in ABS plastic.
- Developing a game for the Gear VR/other VR platforms.
FX ARTIST /WORLDBUILDER, n-Space
For References, HR: Jen Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a World Builder: designed, modeled, textured and lit multiple environments and structures for games. E.G. designed and built all of Raxus Prime Star Wars: Force Unleashed DS.
- As an FX artist: created particle effects, shader networks, hard/soft-body simulations, key- framed animation, and other FX for multiple shipped titles on commercial engines like Unreal, Nintendo 3DS/DS, and other in-house systems.
- As a Game Designer: designed game mechanics, set way-points, trigger boxes and created events for game-play, AI, and special effects in a C++ scripting environment. Created UI/game play mockups in After Effects.
- Have overseen other artists and acted in an art direction capacity.
- Shipped 19 games
1998-2003Winter Park, Fl
- As a Modeler: modeled 200+ mechanical and organic subjects (soldiers, weapons, turbo diesel manifolds, Space Shuttle fuel systems, heavy cranes, a whole Cummings engine, etc.) using available pictures/schematics/cad data. . Built procedural shaders for models, UV, lit, and rendered in 3dsMax
- As an Animator: created complex rendered scenes dealing with; engine pistons / crankshaft timing, fire, smoke,ice, tying knots with ropes, chains, submarine prop cavitation, acetylene torch welding, etc. Rendered these in 3ds Max with compositing in After Effects
- As VFX Artist: Created foliage/smoke crosswind simulations for Marine Sniper training program. Rendered Paint effects in Maya Software Composited layers in After Effects.
- As a SIM Artist: Created models and UI for interactive web based 3d training.
Geist (Game Cube, 2005),
Kuma Wars (PC, shipped 2004-2005)
Golden Eye (DS, 2005)
Winx (PSP, 2006)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (DS 2007)
Star Wars: Battle Front Elite Squadron (DS 2008)
Hannah Montana: The Movie (DS 2008)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (DS 2009)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare (DS 2009)
Toy Story 3 (DS 2010)
007: Blood Stone (DS 2010)
GoldenEye (DS 2010)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (DS 2010)
Tron Evolution (DS 2010)
JAWS (3DS 2011)
COD:MW3 (DS 2011)
Star Trek (PC, XBOX,PS3 2012)
Fun Labs: 5 Micro Lab Challenge ( XBOX Kinect 2012)
Unreleased 2014 XBOX 360 Game
- Cast Member at Innoventions Epcot: I did 3 interactive presentations a day on CG art and photography, Designed a 3dprinting exhibit for Innoventions 1998, Modeled and rigged a Mars Rover that was used at the Motorola Exhibit, inside Innoventions. 1998
- Owner/Operator Makerbot 2x for 3d prototyping and printing
- I have done Foundry pouring/mold making for lost wax casting. Worked with Bronze and Iron.
- Studied the principles of stereo separation for the purposes of display and audience comfort/ ergonomics (while working on the 3DS)
- Did experimental stereoscopic 3d using duel rendered animations (left and right eyes) with mirrors, synced VHS Decks and a vision testing stereoscope for the 1996 Un-Fair, FSU.